Saturday, April 25, 2009

In life and death, there is inevitable change

A funeral is a business before it becomes emotional.
Too many times have I ordered flowers for a loved one, too many times have I set up pictures, and purchased condolence books.
Too many times have I stunted my crying until the one moment that I have to go up and speak at someones service.
It hurts, but with all the pain, someone changes.
My mother's best friend Connie was remembered today, and we all shared the wonderful memories we had with her.
Her son Jason barely spoke.
I cannot imagine the pain, he is such a tortured man.
i won't tell all of his story, in the end he just far more accepting.
There is change in his eyes
change in everyone's eyes, when they realize that this beautiful woman is not really gone. We'll all see her again one day.
She's probably looking down on us right now, rolling her eyes, saying we need to put some color on and stop whining.
In life we see things and unfortunatly it takes a tragedy to change us.
life is too short to not want to live it.

It's a beautiful day for a beautiful woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment