Friday, May 28, 2010

Music to Make out to

     Today I was sitting under a massive hairdryer at local salon and to block out the incessant hum/growl of the machinery, I plugged my ears with lovely little earphones and drifted away into music land.
     Everyone wishes their lives had a soundtrack, music to play while walking, music that plays while you're running for your life. What about music to make out to?
     If you know me well enough then you know it's not unusual for such things to cross my mind.
     I started hitting my on-the-go button for every song that would make me weak in the knees if any man played it.
     Basically a music compilation comparable to my own Kryptonite .
I narrowed it down to 15 songs listed in no particular order of reliable conquest-uh-bility

1."Cells"- The Servant
-Also known as the dramatic sexy tune from the movie "Sin City."
2. "Diary of Jane" - Breaking Benjamin
3."Give me a Sign: -Breaking Benjamin
-Two BB songs may seem much but the urgency in Benjamin Burnley's voice makes me want to enact my own "urgency" on someone else.
4."Soldier of Love" - Sade
5."Bad Things" - Jace Everett
6.D'yer Mak'er-Led Zeppelin
7."Killing Me Softly With his Song" - The Fugees
8."We Are Young" - Mika
9."I Want You (She's So Heavy)" - The Beatles
10."Speechless" - Lady Gaga
11."Boy With A Coin" - Iron and Wine
12."Comatose" - Skillet
13.
"Total Eclipse of the Heart" - Bonnie Tyler
14."Come on Closer" - Jem
15."Coyotes" - Jason Mraz

**BONUS**
"Wonderboy" - Tenacious D
-Something is ODDLY romantic about this song, whether it be the soft music, the power of the lyrics, or JB ordering a grope-age of some hydra's scrote...this song gets me every time!

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't this leave in a vulnerable situation. Now some man might waltz into the newsroom when your all alone with this particular cd mix.

    (if there smart that is.) ;)

    ReplyDelete