Sunday, March 7, 2010

Packing can come down to one thing...

A camera

So no one knows the suckiness of packing like a girl! With a 4 day trip to NY around the corner, I've been considering the contents of my one piece of luggage, my one carry-on, for WEEKS!

I mean there's coordinating outfits, coordinating make up for the outfits, picking out purses for the makeup and outfits! a woman's world is nutso, especially if you're the type of woman that takes more than she needs...like me.

LET'S GET DIGITAL:
OK SO I love taking pictures! I can't go anywhere without my digital camera, but the problem is that I take so many, I fill up the memory card almost instantly. This made me realize that, even though I didn't want to, I need to take my laptop with me. The laptop would take up space that I needed! So instead of putting the laptop in my carry-on, I decided to put it in a BIG, PINK, purse. This choice jeopardized all my clothing choices. It wasn't until today that I discovered a setting on my camera that took the amount of pictures on my memory card from 200 to 4000+!! It had something to do with the kind of brightness and resolution I was using! I tested it out and the pictures are just as great as before! This decision meant that:
1.I didn't need to use the BIG, PINK, bag
2.I didn't need to revolve my clothing decisions around that bag and I could get exciting

I tried explaining my excitement to my brother and he looked nauseous from disinterest...
Anyway after that it was all downhill from there!

CLOTHES:Well at this time of year, NY is cold, so anything that goes with my black snow boots works, so I've sussed out my choices between pants, leggings and shoes. DONE

MAKEUP:Now I thought I was being smart just bringing my 88-colour palette of eyeshadow...until my friend told me that a square frame in her bag got her stopped at a security checkpoint. NO THANK YOU!
So I have many simple tubs of shadow that I will later coordinate with everything I have. As for my foundations and blushes, no big thing. DONE

ACCESSORIES:Scarves are easy to pack, so is another purse. Jewelry doesn't require alot of thought. And apparently it will be raining, umbrella anybody?? DONE

TOILETRIES:LIQUIDS! AHH! well luckily most of my necessary items meet the TSA requirements in ounces. However my facial regimen does not, so i'm substituting my cleanser, exfoliator, and toner for something that does all three. Olay face pads, gotta love 'em!  Later this week i'm going to buy little bottles for my shampoo/conditioner. Other things like toothpaste and lotion can be bought at the hotel. DONE

It's ridiculous isn't it? I am female, hear me complain!

No comments:

Post a Comment