Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Rantings of A Fan:Post Potter (Part 1)

I was very unsure about how to start this entry but I think I know now.
I feel, almost sobered. Like everything is right. It might be said that Felix seems to be leading the way.

BUT

Sometimes fantasy is best left to the professionals, and most of the time, professionals do not include masterminds in Holloywood. Scenes were cut, crucial scenes, and were replaced by moments that never happened in the story. For example the last battle scene, a vital part of the story, was cut and replaced by some utter nonsense that never occured in The Burrow. Of course directors got what they wanted if they were going for dramatic effect because the ooohs and ahhs in the theater could have been cut with a knife. I however watched the scene with disdain and was only softened by the poor look on Molly's face as she watched her house burn. All these boom, bangs, oooh-pretty-lights are unfortunatley vital to the audience otherwise they can't keep up with storylines, we've become a species of very few learners.

It's so easy for Hollywierd to make big, colorful, ghastly robots crash into each other and make bimbos run around in almost no clothing, while chasing cars, but oh to follow a plot line? impossible. Why can't it be done? because it doesn't involve big ass machinery and a pound of C4.

These are my biggest qualms, and disappointments
But on the whole, I was impressed more than disappointed
I shall continue tomorrow, but now I must sleep, my day begins in 4 hours

To Be Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment